Thursday 26 April 2018

London bookmark

We are a family of avid readers so I like to keep a supply of home made bookmarks and when I noticed Mark using a till receipt to mark his place recently I thought it about time I made some rather less girly ones.

The Cityscape stamps from Tim Holtz are perfectly proportioned for bookmarks, and ideal  for masculine designs too.


I stamped the London  cityscape onto a snippet of pale blue card and added a hint of colour with Promarkers, plus a touch of white gel pen on the clock face. Then I matted it onto a slightly bigger snippet of black card and cut the bus from a snippet of red, using a die from the X-cut Build a Scene London set.

After adding the die cut, I ran the whole bookmark through the Grand Calibur to make the area that lies between the book pages as flat as possible - a bookmark is no place for dimensional elements! Then I shaped the top and cut a slit in it, and folded a length of this lovely ribbon featuring the classic Routemaster bus through the slit, holding it in place with strong adhesive.

I don't know whether you can spot it, but there's a vehicle crossing Tower Bridge and I've coloured that red too to go with all the other buses.

I am sharing this with
Pixie's Snippets Playground - challenge #324 
The Male Room - Anything apart from a card
Little Red Wagon - Riding Along

6 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

That is so lovely. The ribbon is a perfect match. Love Dawn x

Barbara Godden said...

What a fantastic bookmark!!! love that ribbon it's perfect for your theme.

Di said...

Wow Jane - what a fabulous bookmark! So much nicer than any you can buy in a shop as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Heather said...

Amazing. What a great bookmark. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Ingenious, LOVE the Double Decker ribbon too. I suspect it will be used with pride :) Thank you so much for joining us in our Anything Apart from a Card challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

The Male Room
themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is brilliant! I need one of those bookmarks. So great to see the London skyline and the lovely red doubledecker!! Great work. Sorry to be so late commenting, thank you for playing along with our Anything but a Card challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.