Monday 12 March 2018

Poinsettia Symphony

For this card I have used a background paper that came with an issue of Making Cards magazine, years ago - I love the combination of Poinsetties and musical score but had never been able to think of a way to use it.


However winning the lovely Poinsettia and Pine stamp set from Altenew in the Playground recently changed that! I have very slightly distressed the edges of the paper and added some gold glitter gel to the flower centre.

I stamped the poinsettia twice,  once on the edge of the topper and again on red card, to help me to position the greenery, then  stamped the leaves and pine needles on the topper and used a waterbrush and watercolour crayon to add a very tiny hint of colour to the leaves.  Once the topper was added to the card, I stuck down the red poinsettia over the one I'd stamped on the topper and then added gold to the centre of that one too.

I am sharing this with

C.R.A.F.T. - Christmas 
The Holly and Ivy Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Santa or Anything Goes
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Flowers 
Jingle Belles - Hark The Herald Angels Sing

6 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Absolutely lovely holiday card design ... I love the red music ... so glad you helped us SING in the holidays at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

loooooooove that gorgeous music paper background, and the rich colors you've used to accent the design! definitely great that you "saved" this for the perfect occasion, you've used it brilliantly! so happy you could sing the songs of xmas with us at JINGLE BELLES!

ingunnsinekort said...

I Love the DP and you are putting the stamp set to good use!
IngunnGDT CRAFT Challenge

Sheryl said...

This is stunning Jane. It's beautiful in the simplicity of the design and crafted so skilfully.
Thanks for joining our Christmas challenge at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Kath said...

A fabulous card and I love the beautiful backing paper too. Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.
Kath x

Lorraine said...

Adding that little sparkle was so clever and beautiful.