Monday 31 July 2017

Grumpy Cat strikes again

I always claim not to have a favourite rubber stamp, but the grumpy cat image  from Katzelkraft's "Les Chats Russes" set must be pretty close to it. It goes so well with all kinds of snarky sentiments!


Here I've teamed it with a Dylusions sentiment and a few randomly stamped pawprints and fishbones. I coloured the cat in with charcoal in dark and light grey, doing the coarse blending with a fingertip and the finer blending with a paper stump. I don't think I've used charcoal since I was at school - certainly the sticks I used were still wrapped in their unopened cellophane although I've had them for years.

I am sharing this with

Make my Monday - Monochromatic
Alphabet Challenge - Joke 

11 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous cad Jane, love the image and sentiment.
Hugs Julie xxx

Margarets designer cards said...

Your sentiment made me laugh, gumpy cat image is brilliant, love it

Cara said...

The cat and sentiment work together perfectly. Love that you coloured him with charcoal. Did you have some fixative or was it the old standby of cheap hairspray that we used at school?!

Crafting Queen said...

Love this card, the image and words are perfect!!!

Liz said...

Just brilliant, Jane! Your card really made me smile, super design. xx

Marina said...

This is fun and I love the clean background stamping.

Barbara Godden said...

Really fun card if I had that stamp it would be my favourite too. Great background and super sentiment.

Basslady said...

a very sweet card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Sue - said...

Love it Jane, a sentiment I can totally agree with at times.

Cazro said...

A wonderful card, suits me purrr-fectly. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT.

Cazro said...

Me again, I said it all previously. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz DT.