Sunday 4 June 2017

Shabby Chic at CD Sundays

Today the theme at CD Sundays is Shabby Chic.

When I think Shabby Chic, I think Debbi Moore, and today I've used the Shabby Chic Paris Bookazine CD, one of my favourites.


I had a lovely time making this! First I covered my card with one of the background papers then sanded all the edges to distress them. Then I stamped the Paris scene from the Tim Holtz Skylines set onto another of the background papers. That, the two poster style toppers and the border are all cut from sheets from the CD and distressed with a V-shaped distressing tool. The pink rose scrap is from yet another of the background papers, roughly torn to shape. I fussy cut the roses from one of the design sheets and added a die cut bicycle and a penny farthing button, then finished off with a handful of pearls.

I got a bit carried away with the printing and printed out far more than I needed, including a few sheets I didn't cut into, so watch out for more Parisian fun coming along on here soon!

7 comments:

Carol said...

I love your card Jane. You have Shabby Chic off to a fine art. I had to learn quite a bit for Megs challenge. I love the fact that we have both chosen the bicycle die.
Hugs
Carol xx

meg said...

Beautiful combination of papers and embellishments Jane, love your card

Margarets designer cards said...

I love your card, really beautiful shabby chic,
Thank you for all your help in this challenge, it was certainly a challenge tgat took me out of my comfort zone and was a learning curve,

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jane, a fabulous shabby chic design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cara said...

Love the layering up on this card, it looks wonderful. I thought the flowers were 3D until you said you'd fussy cut them x

Seafield Jo said...

I love your card Jane, fabulous choice of colours and so much detail to look at. Love the bicycle die too.

Jo x

Jocelyn said...

This is great - love all the bicycles.
Jocelyn x