Friday 20 January 2017

The first of the Valentine cards...

... it had to  happen, didn't it? Not being a very romantic soul, I don't have much interest in Valentine's Day, but the rest of the world seems to disagree with me. So I end up making a few Valentines cards every year, although as you can see from this, my soul doesn't really go into them....


The central stamp is a Studio G one, the die cut hearts are Gummiapan dies and the card base is from a very old Craftwork cards goody bag.  I'd intended to just have the letters and hearts making a majestic sweep diagonally across the card, but it looked incomplete and the scattering of black gems made all the difference.

I am sharing this with
Watercooler Wednesday - CAS Love in red and white

6 comments:

Sue - said...

Well Jane even if your heart wasn't in it, your card is lovely!

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! I love those hearts, they are quite butterfly like - fabulous! xxx

Heather Hopson said...

I love the simplicity of your card. Very nice!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Jane thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday CAS challenge this week. Your card is really lovely, and fits our criteria perfectly.

Marsha Reed said...

Lovely card, Jane! Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

libbystamps said...

Great card! Thank you for taking the time to link up your card to my Clean & Simple card challenge this week. Your card definitely fits the theme perfectly! Please join us at Watercooler Wednesday again!