Sunday 29 January 2017

Another Brusho background

I'm starting to get the hang of the Brushos I got for Christmas -  getting the effect I want is more difficult than I thought it would be but I've managed to get a bold background where the colours haven't merged into sludge, at last - next challenge is to tackle a more delicate one!



Having dug out the lovely Summer Meadow stamp earlier this week and used it for the first time, I can see it's going to become a favourite because as soon as this background was dry I could see it was the perfect stamp to use with it. I've used a white gel pen to add a few highlights and details. The sentiment is a magazine freebie stamp and the polka dot background from a Funky Hands download.

I am sharing this with
Sweet Stampin - Spots and Dots
Little Red Wagon - Happy Birthday
Inkspirational - Polka Dots

  

9 comments:

M said...

Absolutely love the background coloured technique!! Beautiful card :). Thank you for joining the girlfriends this week at Little Red Wagon! :)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is fabulous Jane I love the background you've made with the brushos.

Sue xx

scrappymo! said...

This is gorgeous! I can see why you wanted this stamp I like that it has so much detail!

Your brusho background is really lovely.

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome background and perfect for that stamp, fabulous job on it.

Tracy Welham said...

This is gorgeous, the background is beautiful! The silhouettes are perfect on this background but I also love that you have added white highlights. I recently went to a Brusho workshop and my own set of Brushos arrived at the weekend, looking forward to experimenting. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Barb said...

I love this Jane. A gorgeous Brusho background. What fantastic colours. I'm afraid I still seem get very mixed results with my brushos. The background looks lovely too. Barbxx

Sammy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love it. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

cm said...

Beautiful brushos background for your oh-so-pretty flowers! I'm clueless when it comes to brushos, so from my perspective, your panel is simply stellar! The polka dots: charming! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol

Pia Larsen said...

Wow, the bold flower image really pops against the black dotted background.
Thanks for playing with us at INKspirational Challenges for our Polka Dots challenge. Hope you'll join us again soon :)