Saturday 12 November 2016

Poinsettias for Christmas

I've been playing with the poinsettia die that was a freebie on one of the craft magazines last Christmas. I don't think I used it at all last year as by the time I got it, I'd made and posted all my Christmas card. It makes quite a big flower (yes, yes, I know that only the yellow centre is a flower and that the red 'petals' are actually bracts, but this one is made out of card so it can be whatever it wants to be. Got it?) so I kept the rest of the card very simple with a white background and the Memory Box "Happy Christmas" die cut in kraft.


I am sharing this with

Fab 'n' Funky - Get Krafty
Jingle Belles - Mele Kalikimaka (flowers)
Winter Wonderland - Ribbon or lace and/or Christmas Flowers
CRAFT - Winter   

8 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the gorgeous texture of that die cut ... fabulously designed card too ... so very glad you celebrated a floral Christmas with us at jingle belles.

Barb said...

A lovely card Jane. I love the traditional colours and some lovely die cuts. Barbxx

Brenda said...

What a wonderful poinsettia die and you've featured it so beautifully! It definitely is the flower of Winter and so perfect for our Winter challenge. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Jane, my favourite Memory Box die and beautiful Poinsettias.
Pauline
x

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous poinsettia die, I'm sure it is smaller than the one I have. Beautiful card. lovely design I like the white space.

Aunty Sue said...

Great card and thanks for sharing at craft challenge this week

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky

lauren bergold said...

ooooh! love the bold graphic look of this beautiful card! thanks for celebrating holiday flowers with us at JINGLE BELLES! <3