Thursday 27 October 2016

Yet more falling leaves

I can't get enough of autumn colours, and you can tell that by a quick look at my craft stash. Many of my favourite and most frequently used stamps are autumn themed, like the one I have used here. It's a Rubber Stampede stamp and I'm not sure just how long I've had it - at least 10 years and probably nearer to 15. It's still one of my favourites and is becoming a firm favourite with the grandchildren too.


Today I've coloured it with Promarkers and the backing paper is from the DCWV Stack 9 12x12 pad. The leaf embellishments are Tando die cuts, coloured with Imagination Crafts Starlights paints - they are left over from a card I made last week. I'd actually made a stamped and coloured shrink plastic embellishment, but I'd forgotten how much the colour changes during shrinking so that's been set aside to use on a future project.

I am sharing this with

Addicted to Stamps and More - Make your mark
Retro Rubber - Fall Colours

11 comments:

Barb said...

A very beautiful card and grown up looking card Jane. I love the stamps and the paper is lovely too. I really Love this. Barbxx

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful leaves and paper! I absolutely love your leaf die cuts, too. They almost look like metal -- cut from shrink plastic and painted? So pretty!

Claire Grantham said...

Great card, love that stamp too, I can see why its a fave in your family. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT x

Katy McGloin said...

Jane, this card is stunning and vibrant with its colors! Great designer paper and I love those die cuts. Thanks so much for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card,gorgeous paper and love the stamped leaves and Autumn colours
Carol x

Jane Knudsen said...

Absolutely stunning! Those leaves and your coloring of them are awesome - I really want to touch them! And then you paired them with equally stunning paper and those awesome leaves that were perfect for this card! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous autumn colours. Hugs Mrs A.

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Jane: I also love this beautiful Season, the colors are always rich and amazing.
You captured them perfectly on this gorgeous card, those leaves look real, what an amazing stamp, no wonder you have had it for years and now the grandkiddos love it too.
The die cut leaves also look beautiful, I forgot I have this kind of shrinking plastic, sheeesh!! thank you for reminding me, I must create something with it.
Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you can join us again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Just lovely. There is something about fall colors and leaves! These are beautifully colored. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps!

creative lady said...

Jane, beautiful card! Love the fall colors and your image you used. The paper goes really nice with the image and love how your colored it. Thanks for joking Retro Rubber.

Maggie Mata said...

I found your card on the Retro Rubber Challenge blog and I absolutely LOVE the background on your card.