Saturday 22 October 2016

Winter or Spring at Always Use Rubber

Thank you to everyone who joined in with our first challenge at Always Use Rubber. Now it's time for our second challenge, and this time our theme is Winter and/or Spring.

We welcome any style, and any kind of craft, not just cards, but we MUST see some real stamp-and-ink stamping on your work - and NO DIGIS.

This time I have used a lovely Creative Expressions stamp set to make a very Clean and Simple card, because I think CAS has a lovely fresh look about it that fits well with the transition time between winter and spring, which is when the first snowdrops start to peep through.


As well as the snowdrop cluster and a wide range of sentiments, the stamp set includes separate stamps for the flower head, making it perfect for 3D work as you don't need to mask off areas of the stamp, or stamp the whole image again a second time, to get those extra layers to use.

I heat embossed the stamping and then coloured the whole thing in with Wink Of Stella - I hadn't used the green one before and I think it is perfect for the snowdrop foliage. And look, I even managed to get a photo of the lovely sheen the WOS gives!


I would like to share this with
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
The Flower Challenge - Anything Goes with Florals
Fab'nFunky - Fabulous Flowers
Craft Rocket - Happy Birthday
A bit more time to craft - Anything Goes
Inkspirational - Black and one other colour
 

15 comments:

Barb said...

A really beautiful card Jane. What lovely stamps and your snowdrops looks great coloured with a wink of stella. Spring is my favourite season when everything looks green and fresh just like your card. I love seeing snowdrops popping up as it means Spring is very close. A lovely CAS card. Barbxx

Christi Conley said...

Gorgeous! I adore the texture you added by popping out those snowdrops :) And you're right - that green WOS is PERFECT for the delicate spring green ~ xo Christi

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful, love that snowdrop stamp. I love the popped up snowdrops.

Linby said...

I do love snowdrops and this is such a beautiful CAS card - I could look at it all day.

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card love the beautiful snowdrops-I love snowdrops and have loads in the garden
Carol x

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Love this, it's so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

Aileen said...

Hi Jane, so nice to see you have joined us at The Flower Challenge. Love your card, those crocus look so pretty in layers and the shimmer of the greenery, a woman after my own heart. Love it all. Aileen DT

Zoechaos said...

This is a lovely card Jane. XOXO

Shauna said...

What a great design! I love how you popped up the flowers and the sentiment placement is great! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Darnell said...

This is such a fresh and clean CASlicious card, Jane! And you winked it like a PRO!! Hugs, Darnell

Helen said...

Beautiful card, Jane - love the decoupage you've added.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.

Helen x

I Card Everyone said...

I think Snowdrops are the perfect addition to any Spring ... especially late Winter when there is still snow on the ground! They are a perfect addition to your card, as well.. fabulous in 3D!
=] Michele

Marina said...

I love snowdrops and they look great on this cas design. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time!

Karen Dunbrook said...

how gorgeous...love the purity of the flowers...
Thanks so much for playing along with The Flower Challenge.

Greta said...

This is just beautiful, Jane--love the image, design & shimmer!