Tuesday 18 October 2016

Wake up and Smell the Coffee

The current challenges at Addicted to CAS and Casology are both Coffee - I don't have much in the way of coffee related stash, being a tea drinker, but I DO have a fun set of stickers that Darnell sent me which I've used on this card.

For the cup of coffee, I've used one of the stencils that are meant to go on top of a cappuccino to shake the chocolate through. It's in a coffee bean design, and I've used Starlight paint to stencil it on to a scrap of very special card. I bought it at The Eden Project some years ago, and the swirly pattern on it is made with actual used coffee grounds (Fairtrade, I hope!) embedded into the fibres of the card. I thought this was my very last scrap and have been eking it out, but yesterday I was rummaging through my box of card for something else and found one more sheet. Having waxed lyrical about how special it is, I suppose I'll go and check ebay after posting this and find dozens of sellers listing it at about 5p a sheet - but whether or not that's the case, it's special to ME as it's a souvenir of a lovely few days away.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Well I think it's a very special card Jane. A lovely idea to colour the paper with coffee grounds. It does look authentic and the coffee stencil works so well. Great fun techniques on your lovely card. Barbxx

Susan said...

Such a fun design, your died paper is such a great idea. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Jacquie Southas said...

Terrific card! I love the patterned stenciled on your coffee. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this weekm Jane!

Deborah Frings said...

Love it! Very clever way to use the little spoons!

Unknown said...

Cleverly done, Jane! Love the texture on your spoon clock! I bet the coffee grinds give the card a fantastic scent too! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!