Saturday 8 October 2016

Using my prize

The other day I was delighted to win the blog candy over at Liz's blog Crafty Sunflower and when the dies arrived this week I wanted to play with them straight away.  They are both Memory Box dies, one a border and one a butterfly, and I used both for this card - but then wouldn't you know it, the layout that had looked so perfect in my head looked all lop sided when I added the butterfly, and I had to set it aside and punch a much smaller one instead, so I now have a cyan butterfly on my desk waiting for another project.


The paper is from the Graphic 45 "Precious Moments" pad and the sentiment stamped with a Studio G mini stamp set.
The colour of the card hasn't come out very well, it is really much bluer than it looks in the photo, a sort of deep turquoise. Cyan, in fact,  and I am joining in with Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge which this fortnight is Cyan or Checkered.
I am also joining in with Fab'nFunky - use the word Happy and Crafty Gals Corner - Die cuts or punches - and in fact as my die cut butterfly was replaced with a punched one I've used both!

9 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous, Jane! I love how you've used the tile die to create a border at the top and bottom. When I started reading your post, I got to the part where you said you'd used the butterfly die you'd won too and I thought, that looks nothing like the one I sent. I even started to wonder if the wrong butterfly had been put in the packet by the manufacturer! Then I read the rest of your post....LOL! Looking forward to seeing what you use the cyan butterfly for. xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, lovely colours.
Pauline
x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card Jane, great design.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Mrs A. said...

Great design using the checkered paper on the diamond. Those two colours really go well together. Just thought I spotted a small mouse at the bottom of the page in the trellis design. Think I need to go and lie down for a bit!!Lol. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Oh how lovely Jane - and such a clever idea to use the wonderful trellis die as you did! A super card.

Hugs

Di xx

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and that die is gorgeous. I always have extra die cuts in a box, I just used one on a card.

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Great card with your dies! Thank you joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

Alison said...

What a great card - I love your colour combo and those fab die cuts. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Barb said...

Congratulations on winning Liz's super candy Jane. I love what you've done with this die and I love the colour combination too. Barbxx