Sunday 30 October 2016

Use it or lose it

The craft clearout I started at the beginning of the year went really well for a few months, but inevitably it fizzled out long before I finished. While I was looking for some gold glitter card (for use in another post you'll see later on today) I stumbled on a massive 600 page 12 x 12 paper pad, not the kind of though you'd overlook, really, that I've not even flicked idly through for absolutely ages. Most of the papers in it are Just Not My Thing and the ones that ARE my style have long since been used.

So before I slip the rest of the pad into the grandchildren's craft box, I thought I would see what I could do with some of the papers. For this card, I've used 3 co-ordinating sheets, one as the main background, one with the sentiment stamped on it and the third with the floral elements fussy cut to use as embellishments. I finished it off with a few pearls and a bow.


I'm sharing this with Alphabet Challenge Blog - R for recipe - my ingredients are stamped sentiment, flowers, ribbon and pearls
Just us Girls - Sentiment as focal point
 

2 comments:

Liz said...

A really pretty card, such delicate colours. I really must go through some of my old papers and use them, I've got more than enough to last several lifetimes! LOL! xx

Nancy said...

Your paper selection is wonderful! Such a pretty card! So very glad you joined us at Just Us Girls and hope to see you again soon!