Tuesday 11 October 2016

Time Flies at Cardz 4 Guyz

Today we have a new challenge for you at Cardz 4 Guyz, and this time the theme is "Time flies".

I had to think long and hard for this challenge - I have plenty of time-themed stamps and stash, but I wanted to somehow work the "flies" part of it in too. I didn't have any wing stamps that would fit any of my watch ones, so I decided to die cut a butterfly and use that. I hope you think that, by using a newsprint-effect card and not embossing the butterfly, I've kept it masculine enough for the card.



Once I'd decided that, I had a lovely time making this, delving into my snippets and stash, stamping, inking, scrunching and distressing to my heart's content. I used an old watch stamp and the Time background stamp I've used many times before - I think it originally came from Raindrops on Roses. The "Tempus Fugit" stamp was a magazine cover mount and as it translates to "Time flies" I absolutely HAD to use it.

The vintage aeroplane image is a repro cigarette card from Foil Play, the button, brad, wooden tag, washi tape and twine are from the dovecraft Curiosity Corner range, the corrugated card is from the packaging of a bottle of olive oil, the self adhesive cork strip was a pound shop find and all the papers are from my snippets box.

It's ages since I've made a collage like this and I'd forgotten just how much fun it is!

I am sharing this with

Classic Design Team Open Challenge - October
More Mixed Media - Anything Goes
Pixies Snippets Playground - week 250

9 comments:

Barb said...

A great masculine card Jane. I love all the papers you've used. It looks like a scrap book page. Love it!.Barbxx

Barbara Godden said...

Wow a great guy card, awesome job with the collage and the theme.

Sarn said...

You've done a great job with the theme, making this brilliant card. xxx

Di said...

Fabulous collage/card Jane! Just perfect for a chap and all the elements are wonderful together.

Tempus Fugit reminded me so much of my Dad. He and Mum always used to be persuaded by me to write in any new autograph book I got as a kid. My Dad always wrote the same thing 'Tempus Fugit - as the monkey said, throwing the clock at its Grandmother' - along with a little sketch of of an old fashioned alarm clock complete with bells on top (remember those?!). I wonder where he got that idea from in the first place?

Hugs

Di xx

KandA said...

Super male card and lots of fabulous details xx

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at More Mixed Media Challenges blog and Good Luck !
Maryvonne - DT member

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, what a fantastic card Jane, there is so much going on and a great mixed media feel to this too.

Sue xx

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

You have most certainly put a lot of effort into this wonderful project, it looks just absolutely fabulous. Great masculine card and nice work, love it.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

TRACEY MO said...

what a great project & the colour tones you have used FAB.

Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Tracey DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...