Saturday 29 October 2016

Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers challenge #71 - Watercolo(u)r

Edna's looking a bit watery this fortnight!

 

That's because our challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is W for Watercolo(u)r.

Now I'm not very skilled with a paintbrush, so I've used watercolour pencils and a waterbrush for my effort. I painted the image, then printed him again onto thin copy paper and cut it out to use as a mask while I stamped the sentiment around him.



I've been wanting to give Weekend Walter, from Dr Digis, this treatment ever since I got this brilliant sentiment stamp from Rubber Dance. I mean, just look at him  standing there in his pulling pants! Isn't he just sex on a stick? You totally WOULD, wouldn't you? And what's more, he knows you would!

Now it's confession time. No, I'm not going to 'fess up about me and Walter, that's a private thing!

Confession 1 - the first time around this went totally wrong. I ran watercolour paper through the printer thinking that if I left it overnight the image would dry completely and the ink wouldn't run. I was so, so wrong. So it's printed on ordinary 200gsm printer paper and then painted, which of course puckers it so it has to be left under a pile of books to flatten.

Confession 2 - see that torn edge - that was NOT part of the original plan. But not being a painter, I got so bored with painting the background that I sort of fizzled out partway to the edge. So I tore it down to where I'd painted and then had to dig around to find something to make a background with, hence the corrugated card. I think it works because it makes you want to run your fingers over it (You all DO do that with corrugated card, don't you? With the backs of your nails to make that clunkety clunkety sound? It's not just me is it?) in much the same way as you want to run your fingers over Walter's, er, rippling torso.

Anyway, enough of the confessions, now it's YOUR turn to grab your paintbrush, put your snarky hat on and share your results with us at the Sisterhood, where you may  be crowned Queen or Princess of Snark!

I'm sharing this card with Crafty Creations Challenges - Watercolour

13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Such a fun card, I love his slippers! Jo x

Lynne Mizera said...

This card is Absolutely Wonderful, but your blog post was even better and had me "peeing my pants" laughing! Giggle I expecially love how you "came clean" and 'fessed up all your disasters, it makes your watercoloured card even more special! Wonderful job Sistaaah!

Lynne Mizera said...

PS: I too cannot help but "feel up" corrugated cardboard... and just looking at the photo of your card made my hands twitch! Grin

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card!!! awesome blog post, giggled the whole way through it. Love your confessions.

Donna said...

I totally do that with corrugated cardboard!!
Love Walter and his sexy attitude, he is sex on a stick.
Those slippers, the robe, the cuppa, the tighty whities...I can hardly control myself
**snort**

lauren bergold said...

soooooooooooo funny and your masking technique is BEYOND fab! so happy to be "queen of snark" this fortnight! :)

Di said...

Oh Jane, you little scallywag! This really made me laugh out loud. Such a fun card : And love how you did the stamping and colouring too.

Can I have that chap's phone number please? :)

Hugs

Di xx

Lindsey said...

Walter is totally sex on a stick, or at least a card. NOT. :D I too have made that discovery with watercolour paper and printer ink. Glad you tried again, because this is hilarious! As is your post.

Majo said...

Wonderful job, Sistah! I also love that sentiment and use it a lot ♥

StampedByBibi said...

Ohmygawd! Your card is so darn funny, Jane - and your text even more! I've been LOL-ing several times here reading it. Absolutely perfect combo of our sexy stamp text and that sexy hunk image! Thanks for making me exercise my laugh muscles this morning! ♥

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

I love it, you did a great job. Never would have known it wasn't the original design.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Hilarious - good ole Weekend Walter. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craft Your Passion Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Chris Dring said...

Buahahaha!!! Had I been drinking, it would have been spit out all over my computer keyboard, as your post is hilarious!! What a fabbo card! Love that sentiment paired with Walter!!