Saturday 1 October 2016

Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers Challenge #69 - Pink Halloween

 
It's October and that means it will soon be Halloween - so for the latest challenge at The Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers we would like to see your Halloween creations - with a twist; as a tribute to Breast Cancer Awareness month, we want to see PINK Halloween creations!
 
Now I'm not a huge fan of Halloween, the upshot of which is that I don't own much in the way of Halloween stash - but I managed to make this card using no Halloween-specific stash at all.
 
 
I cut the ghost freehand from pink card and added some googly eyes and drew on a mouth. The background is navy card, dotted with glue and sprinkled with pink glitter, and with little wisps of pink Wink of Stella to give a swirling mist effect. I adapted the sentiment from a joke I saw online and was then faced with the question of what font a ghost would write in. I thought this looked sufficiently spooky - it's called Dragline BTN Dm and is one of the built in fonts that comes with Word.
 
Now why don't YOU head over to the Sisterhood and share your snarkiest Pink Halloween card? You may be crowned Princess, or even Queen, of Snark!

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love it, Jane! You have such a brilliant sense of humour, Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

Love it, Jane! You have such a brilliant sense of humour, Jo x

Chris Dring said...

For not being a fan of Halloween and not owning much supplies for that holiday, you sure were spot on with your fabulous card, Jane! Who doesn't love a pink googly eyed ghost?! And that sentiment is just perfection!!

Donna said...

Sheet faced...LOL that is awesome!!!
I am more than willing to share my ample Halloween stash with you if you'd like some things :)
Fantastic job on the Pink Halloween challenge without Halloween stash!!
Donna xo

Lindsey said...

I think this may just have to become my October motto. :D Great card, especially for a non-Halloween fan! My favourite part of Halloween is making Halloween cards. ;) Too bad sending Halloween cards isn't really a thing. Oh well...

Barbara Godden said...

Love it, great sentiment Halloween is so much bigger in the U.S. Super job without Halloween stash.!!