Saturday 1 October 2016

Show me a Snowman at Sparkles Christmas

It's time for a new challenge at Sparkles Christmas, and this month the theme is Show me a Snowman.



I've used a very, very old unmounted snowman stamp - it's been in my collection for years and I can't remember where it came from. The sentiment is from a magazine cover gift set. I stamped it on the outside of the card, then cut around it to form an aperture and stuck it down on the inside of the card through the aperture, to make sure it was perfectly aligned.  With hindsight, matting it on some silver mirri before sticking it down would have been even better.


Inside the aperture is a piece of acetate embossed with a Darice embossing folder. My original plan was to leave the rest of the card front bare with just the snowman standing beside the "window" but instead of looking CAS, it just looked bare! So I added some silver confetti snowflakes.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Jane, I really like the design of this one. The embossed acetate panel is a super idea. I absolutely love your sad looking snowman. Barbxx

Sybrina K said...

Jane, Your oldie-but-goldie snowman is delightful, and your coloring is perfect! And, I just love that aperture and sentiment design element. Very nice!