Saturday 15 October 2016

I dreamed a dream.....

Now, here's a coincidence. Last night I dreamed that I made a card, and I remembered it so clearly that when I woke up, I set to and made it. And then I looked at Less is More and saw that this week's challenge is "Spiders or Insects". And there was my insect themed card, sitting on my craft table, waiting for the Stickles to dry!


The "honeycomb" is made by using peel-off waste from a sheet of hexagons as a stencil and sponging orange and yellow inks  through it. The bee is a very old unmounted stamp which I think came from Raindrops on Roses, coloured with Promarkers and with the wings highlighted with Stickles, and the sentiment is from a Clearly Besotted set of bug-themed stamps.

I am sharing this with
Less is More - Spiders or Insects
Alphabet Challenge - Quick and Simple

11 comments:

Esther said...

The inked sponging through the peel-off waste looks fantastic! The bee is so cute, and I love the Stickles on the wings which adds a lovely shimmer. Wish I dreamed of making cards - and remembered them the next day! Lucky you! Thanks for playing along at Less is More :)

Kathyk said...

So fab, great layouy, Jane and I love the splash of glitter too

Kathyk

Esther Asbury said...

I love bee cards and yours is simply adorable! Love how you made that background - I'll have to remember that for future use!
(Visiting from Less Is More link up)

Ankie vd Polder said...

Lovely card. Cute bee. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

crafty-stamper said...

what a fortunate dream very weird-my neice is due to go on holiday soon with her daughter and dreamed she got stopped at the airport because her passport was out of date -remembered so strongly when she she woke she checked and it was out of date!Love the happy Bee with the sparkly wings and great stencilling
Carol x

Susan said...

Love that extra glitter on the wings...so sweet!

Bea said...

Love your happy bee :)

Jan said...

Great Lim card xx Jan

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Well that's one of the cutest bumble bees I've ever seen on a card and love the touch of glitter to his wings. Your stencilled honeycomb BG works a treat too and Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

Chrissie said...

Well this is one cute bee Jane, it really brought a smile to my face!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

What a great use for the peel off waste! And that bee is fabulous, he means business! :D
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More