Wednesday 5 October 2016

Christmas at the bandstand

For this card, I've used another of the sketches from Ideas For Cardmakers. This time I've used it with Christmas images printed off from a La Pashe CD - I printed the sheet to use last year and then didn't get around to using it, so I can't remember whether it was from The best of La Pashe 2012 or 2014. They both have a great selection of Christmas decoupage on them, although this time I chose not to do the decoupage, instead cutting the large image down slightly and using it with one of the smaller images from the kit.

The starry night paper is from my snippets box and the background paper and border from two very old Anna Griffin kits. I distressed all the edges with a V-tool.


I am sharing this with Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Vintage or anything goes

5 comments:

Barb said...

A super vintage Christmas card Jane. I like the distressed edges. Barbxx

Liz said...

Great vintage Christmas card, Jane. I've just been scrolling down all your recent post and seeing all your beautiful creations. It made me realise how behind with my blog visiting. Being away for the best part of a week with intermittent wifi connection is really frustrating! x

Tracy Welham said...

I thought this was a La Pashe image, they have such a distinct style. :-) That's a fantastic card and I really like how you have distressed the paper edges and used the doily. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Pia S said...

I love the whole old time feel of your card and it's so Christmassy and cozy and beautiful!

Sue - said...

I do like the way you've used the smaller image with the larger one. The whole card is just a perfect Christmas card.