Tuesday 18 October 2016

Autumn leaves again

So, we were meant to be on our way to the Cotswolds now but there's been a slight hiccup on the health front and we're still here for now, so I'm back with another make.

Last weekend I tried using peel off waste as a stencil, and this time I've been playing around with using actual peel offs as masks. After all I still have a massive collection of peel offs from my early crafting days, it's about time I put them to some use!

Here is one of my makes. I used the peel off Leaves sticker on plain white card, then sponged Starlight paints in gold, green and rust over the whole thing and removed the sticker. With hindsight, I should have peeled the sticker off while it was still wet - leaving it until the paint was dry meant rather a lot of tweezer action.

Then I took a sheet of Tando die-cut leaves and, while still in the sheet, sponged over them with the same combination of paints before popping them out. Finally I assembled them all into this card.


I am sharing this with Just Us Girls - Rust, Gold and Olive

8 comments:

Barb said...

What lovely colours. I love the diecut leaves. It's a really beautiful card.

I still have some of these peel offs . One of the first things I was ever taught was using peel offs as masks but in those days we used decorating chalks. It was that particular technique and iris folding which first got me hooked on card making. Barbxx

scrapper said...

Love the starlight paints and they work well here Jane. I remember these peel offs!

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful - a true work of art. I love everything about it, especially the peel off resist technique!! I'm going to try that! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!

Lisa Kind said...

This is a gorgeous card! Love the masking you did and those dimensional leaves are so cool! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, beautiful Autumn colours.
Pauline
x

Chris Dring said...

This is gorgeous Jane! Brilliant use of the peel offs, and coloring stickers to match! Thanks for joining the fun at Just Us Girls!

Nancy Penir said...

My eye went right to your beautiful card! Lovely design and leaves!

Bobby said...

The stick ons are unique and were great for a resist technique, Jane. Your card is lovely and I'm glad you shared it with us at Just Us Girls.