Thursday 13 October 2016

And now a much more muted Christmas Card

Eyeballs hurting from looking at the card in my previous post? Well you can let them relax now as for this card I've used a much more restful set of neutral brown and kraft shades, using papeers from the Tonic Studios Winter Wonderland pad.


The sentiment topper is die cut from one of the papers from the pad.
Can you imagine the angst that one little button caused me? I have a "thing" about buttons, I always like the holes to be horizontal. But I also have a "thing" about snowflakes (apart from the obvious one that this only has 5 points when all snowflakes have 6) - I always position them with either a point going straight up or a point evenly each side of vertical. But with this button, the holes are slightly skew compared to the points so I couldn't have both. I must have repositioned it about 20 times before I committed it to glue!

I am sharing this with
Winter Wonderland - Kraft and/or plaid
Perfectly Created Chaos - All about 3 (3 papers, 3 shapes, each shape 3 layers - a trio of threes!)

9 comments:

Barb said...

I really like this Jane. The papers are lovely. A lovely change of colour for a Christmas card. Barbxx

Barbara Godden said...

What a change of pace, but I love it. fabulous job.

Liz said...

Love this card, Jane, gorgeous papers. Had a chuckle when I read about positioning your button! xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Jane, great non traditional colours and great sentiment. I have a thing about buttons as well - they always have to be threaded with something with me!
Pauline
x

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card, love the muted colour tones and the (stressful) button looks fab! xxx

Tracy Welham said...

Great colour tones. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Dori Shelton said...

Awesome card and a great take on the Perfectly Created Chaos all about 3 Challenge. Thanks for playing along and I hope to see you again soon!

LOU said...

Beautiful card Jane. Love the colours.
Thanks so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
Lou DT xo

Plony said...

Lovely card Jane....I like the papers. Thanx for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
xxx Plony DT