Sunday 30 October 2016

All those little white bits......

You know the ones I mean? You use some white card, and there's a little bit left, so you keep it, but it's not big enough for the next thing you need so you start another piece, and then there's a bit of THAT left too.... and so on and so on. And white, well, there's always a use for it isn't there? So you don't throw away even the tiny pieces.

I don't know about you but I've ended up with TWO snippets boxes, one of various coloured and patterned paper and card, and the other just for neutrals - black, white, cream, kraft, silver and gold. But the neutral one was overflowing and it was time to take drastic action!

Then I spotted an article in a recent issue of Quick Cards Made Easy, featuring the die that had been the covermount that month. It used some pretty BoBunny papers, most of which I had odds and ends of among my snippets, plus loads and loads of white die cuts. So, very unusually for me, I set to and made almost exact replicas of all the cards in the feature. I say almost, because not having full sheets of any of the papers, I had to chop and change a bit but as they are all part of a set and designed to work together, the general idea is still the same.

And I cleared out a HUGE pile of white scraps with all those die cuts.





It was really very relaxing copying the pictures and layouts in the magazine rather than creating them for myself, it reminded me of when I used to knit and cross stitch, always following a pattern.

I am sharing the bottom card with Craft Rocket Challenges - Pretty Pinks and I'm heading over to the Snippets Playground to share the whole lot!

10 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning collection of cards here Jane, gorgeous colours too. Just two boxes of snippets Jane, I'm trying to keep mine at five.

Sue xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A gorgeous set of cards Jane, very clever use of snippets too.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Stampsnob. said...

All of them are beautiful TFS Craft Rocket Ch Lis

Liz said...

Wonderful selection of cards, Jane. Sounds like you had relaxing time recreating the cards in the magazine. I think I must have that freebie die somewhere, if it came with a recent issue of QCME.

I have a whole drawer full of white snippets, which is overflowing! xx

Barb said...

You certainly were on a roll and made a very pretty selection of cards. A great way to use up those pieces we all have. Barbxx

Linby said...

I know exactly what you mean about those snippets - the white especially! Love this set of cards, and it does sound relaxing - might dig out some mags and have a go too.

Di said...

What a great selection Jane and a clever idea to follow the cards in QCME as well. Like you. I find white snippets in particular breed like rabbits!

And yes, the 'mirror block' stamps on offer this week certainly do give a much stronger image than using acetate (or a brayer) - very close to the actual stamp used straight onto paper or card. I do wish the biggest stamp in the set wasn't just 2.5" x 3.5" in some ways, but for a reflection (say a line of trees) I guess you can always do it in parts.

Hugs

Di xx

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful selection of cards, love your use of patterned paper.

Elizabeth said...

A really gorgeous set of cards, Jane. That lacy die is obviously very useful. I keep two collections/mountains of scraps - one white and the other all the other colours. If you pop over to see my blog post today you will see the basket of coloured scraps out on my desk - it's getting out of hand so I'm hoping to put some of it to good use in the Christmas cards I'm working on. Elizabeth xx

Barbara Washburn said...

Gorgeous cards all, great colors and layers! Thanks for sharing at Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT