Saturday 8 October 2016

A new challenge starts today!

Today is the start of a brand new challenge - Always use Rubber.


If you were a visitor to Twofers, you may recognise the team - myself, Zoe and Christi - but although this new challenge has risen from the ashes of Twofers, we've done some tweaking and made some changes and hopefully you will find it easier and more fun to join in.

A new challenge will be posted on the first and third Saturday of each month, and we want to see real stamping on your work - use rubber or clear stamps, but no digis and nothing generated on your computer. The full rules can be seen at the bottom of every post on the Always Use Rubber blog.

For our first challenge, we have a photo for you, called Not Just Black and White.


 
I've used my (well, tbh my daughter's) beautiful old cat stamp from Santa Rosa. I think she bought it from a craft shop on Pier 39 in San Francisco when we took a family holiday there over 20 years ago.  I stamped it with Versafine and embossed with clear powder, then went around the outside with several shades of beige/fawn Promarkers, gradually fading out the colour towards the edge of the rectangle. Then I used Antique Linen Distress Ink to stamp the pawprints over the top of the coloured background. The sentiment is from a Dylusions set called How About Never -  so many of the rather snarky Dylusions sentiments go perfectly with cat images.
 


I am sharing this with
Loves to Craft - Anything Goes 
Fantasy Stampers - Black Magic

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

How perfect is that sentiment.....it sure is the voice of my "Spook" fabulous cat image beautiful design.

Sian said...

This is a beautiful card. I love that cat!

Stamping Bubbles said...

Stunning card, this stamp is gorgeous and the sentiment is so purrfect for such a majestic feline.
Thank you for joining our black magic challenge at Fantasy Stampers.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Barb said...

I've just found this one Jane. What a fantastic card. The cat looks great and I love the background. What a fabulous sentiment. Barbxx

Pia S said...

Note to self: do not visit Jane's blog when super hungry before dinner, lol. Too many temptations to discover over here...
Love your card. That sentiment says all about what I love about cats and their personality. So fun!

Julie B said...

Sorry I'm so late visiting Jane, got my numbers mixed up!
Love the cat stamp, the eyes seem to follow you!
Thanks for sharing at Fantasy Stampers. :0)