Sunday 7 August 2016

Hot Christmas

Yes, another Christmas card - I'm keeping up my two-a-week target in the hope of having enough to be able to sell some for charity this year, as well as all those we send ourselves. This time it's made with papers and toppers from the Papermania Folk Christmas range, and the colours are hot, hot HOT - more traditionally summer shades than wintery ones, so just right for Christmas Cards All Year Round's August challenge of Bright Summer Colours.

The tag is made from a die cut decoupage sheet. I usually think of that as an ultra-easy option but oh my this was challenging! Some of those baubles are tiny - only about 1mm in diameter, and very easy to lose or even get stuck behind a fingernail (not that I'm admitting that may have happened to me....)  and very close together, too, so they are hard to position even with the finest of tweezers. And I felt like crying when I finally finished and realised the tiny soldier ornament was standing on his head and had to be sliced off and re-applied the right way up!

9 comments:

Liz said...

Great card, Jane. It sounds like this was a labour of love with all those fiddly bits! Isnt it frustrating when you finish a card only to realise you've put something the wrong way up? Well rescued though, I'm sure the little soldier is much happier now. xx

Cara said...

That's some impressive decoupage! Think I would have thrown it out and just had a one layer tag! Cara x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, a great design and lovely colour combination.
Pauline
x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Christmas card and love your design Jane..
Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Barb said...

Well your card ended up looking lovely Jane. Good luck with your charity makes. I had to smile because I need to use tweezers all the time because of my knobbly fingers. Barbxx

Angie said...

Thanks for joining our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year ‘Round.

Kath said...

A fabulous bright card - thank you for sharing at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
Kath x

Helen said...

Great card, Jane - love the colours you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Cards All Year Round and we hope to see you again soon.

Helen x
(DT)

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper