Thursday 19 May 2016

The wrong kind of Ugly

Edna has a fun challenge for us over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers -  F is for Fugly. Apparently Fugly means F***ing Ugly, but to me it sounds like the world Fuggles, which is a kind of hop used in beer making. And it also makes me think of an old university friend who I've not heard from for at least 30 years - Christine Fuggle, if you should ever do an ego-search and see this, I'd love to hear from you, you can find my email address over on the right.

Anyway, back to the crafting, and what a pity this challenge wasn't six months ago, as my craft room clearout included getting rid of some quite astoundingly fugly stamps. But they have all gone to make room for the ones I really love, so all that is left behind are some rather horrible papers that have been lurking in the middle of pads of far more useful designs. I did, however, find a sheet of huge stickers with mildly snarky messages that somehow survived my cull. I'm not quite sure why the designer combined those particular sentiments with pretty shabby chic floral backgrounds and aggressively coloured papers, nor indeed why I may at some point have thought they were a good buy, but they are suitably fugly.

I've added a stamps, coloured and fussy cut image and a bit of inking, but I'm not happy with the finished card - it lacks cohesion. The image is too small, the sticker is too big and all in all, it's totally the wrong kind of ugly.


But anyway, here it is for now, and if I can find time to do something with those die cut butterfly shaped cards that seemed like such a good idea at the time, I'll be back for another visit to the challenge

10 comments:

Majo said...

ROFL! This is so funny, never thought of fugly paper :) Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the F is for *Fugly* challenge.

Majo - DT ♥

Barb said...

Jane I really don't know what to say about this post except it really did make me laugh. The woman is a great 50's image but she certainly doesn't look happy hehe. I'm in need of a blitz here. I've certainly got lots of fugly stuff hidden away. Barbxx

Unknown said...

Hahaha well this made me gasp then laugh out loud,I thought staying at home meant my world got smaller along with my knowledge,but no I'm constantly learning new stuff and words with out even leaving the house,fugly is gonna stick with me fleeky was the word of yesterday I may get good at scrabble even,I hate to say it though I rather like those papers lol love your take on fugly Debbs xxx

Printable Art said...

LOL this made me laugh too! Great sentiment go to with it! Thanks for joining in on our challenge "F is for Fugly"

Dotty Jo said...

Still makes a great card and I LOVE that sentiment! Thanks so much for playing with the sisterhood, Jo x

Donna said...

O my gosh I love that image!! And that sentiment, that's kinda my life motto LOL
Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for F is for Fugly!!

Cara said...

She really doesn't look a happy bunny does she! Cara x

Lindsey said...

It's perfectly cohesive... she is going to get even with YOU for saddling her with those patterned papers! The patterns are... delightful, it is definitely an interesting choice to put that sentiment on a floral background, but I do adore that image! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Lynne Mizera said...

Wow, You were correct, those are some pretty FUGLY papers... and the hot pink ssticker clashes with them both so beautifully! Grin Thanks for joining us Jane over at the Sisterhood for teh F is for Fugly Challenge... I ALWAYS love what your fertile imagination creates... Smile

Chris Dring said...

I gotta agree, those are some fantastically fugly papers! LOL! Well done! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!