Monday 23 May 2016

Teen troubles

It's a difficult life being a teenager! Although my own daughters are long past that stage, and my grandchildren still too young, I have lots of friends who are parents of teens at the moment.

Peer pressure can be very difficult - a teenage girl who really loves pretty colours and girly treats may find herself among a group of friends who all decide to become goths - or vice versa. And sometimes they need to be reminded that it's perfectly OK to be who YOU want to be, not who other people think you should be.

So that's the thinking behind this card, which could be a "thinking of you" card for a teenage girl having a tough time, or simply a birthday card.

The image is a Crafters Companion one which I stamped and masked, then used Promarkers to create the background. I removed the mask and then coloured the image keeping to shades of grey, apart from the eyes.

The background paper is a very VERY old piece from my stash. It originally came from a Dawn Bibby kit, and I bought it as part of a de-stashing bundle on ebay many years ago, so I don't know exactly how old it is. I've added ribbons from my stash to add to the outward girliness, and a very appropriate Dylusions sentiment.

 
I am sharing this with
 
Sweet Stampin - Terrible teenagers 
Fantasy Stampers - All About the Girl 
Inkspirational - Photo Inkspiration 
   
 
 

10 comments:

Di said...

This is utterly fabulous Jane! I love the image and the words are just perfect - and it's a lovely all round card too!

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

A perfect card for a teenage girl, Jane. I find cards for teenagers the most difficult to make, but you've nailed it with this one. xx

Barb said...

I think the sentiment would be perfect for a young person of either sex considering, as you pointed out, the pressure young people are under today. Life was so simple when I was young.

Anyway - I love your card Jane. I like the way you've used just greys for the image. It makes her stand out! I actually have those Dawn Bibby butterfly stamps stashed away somewhere! Barbxx

Chris said...

Fabulous design, lovely image...brilliant sentiment! Love the thought behind this card, can't help worrying about the pressures my young granddaughters are going to be facing all too soon, all part of growing up I suppose and unfortunately we can't protect them from that!
Thanks for joining us at Sweet stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Stamping Bubbles said...

Great design for those tricky teenager cards. I love the rainbow background and the sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Sue said...

This is a great card for a teenager Jane and thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin hugs Sue J x

Sammy said...

Lovely! And the sentiment is brilliant. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Julie B said...

A very girlie card Jane !
Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers. :)

Shauna said...

Cute card! Great creation of the background colored scene and great image with sentiment. Thank for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Cara said...

Fab card, very funky! Cara x