Thursday 12 May 2016

Ripped roses

The beautiful rose-printed vellum I've used in this card has been in my stash for years and years and YEARS. It was a gift from a friend and is just so beautiful it's taken me all these years to steel myself to use it, knowing that once it's gone, it's gone.

I've simply torn it to fit across my card, added a layer or torn white card with a stamped and embossed rose, and a corner embellishment of a rose (an old Kanban stamp) also stamped and embossed - I used Versacolour Old Rose ink and clear embossing powder.


I am sharing this with

CAS-ology - TEAR 
Crafty Creations Challenges - Monochrome
Shopping Our Stash - April Showers Bring May Flowers
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Happy Birthday

8 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful rose vellum paper Jane and I love your design. Barbxx

Zoechaos said...

It is simply a beautiful card. XOXO

Cara said...

Lovely card, definitely worth tearing into that beautiful vellum for. Cara x

Jean said...

What a great technique. Thanks for joining our Birthday challenge over at CRAFT. Jean DT XXX

Ardyth said...

Pretty - love the roses peeking through! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Chana Malkah said...

Pretty card ! Great CAS design and nicely executed! Thanks for playing along this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

sweet art designs said...

What a great idea, simple but elegant! Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

Linby said...

Just beautiful in its simplicity and a great design.