Thursday 5 May 2016

One Bright Button

I've had this button in my stash for ages and not been able to bring myself to use it so far. Partly because it is so big, bold, bright and colourful that it needs to be the main focus of a card and not just an embellishment, but more because of the way the design is aligned. I'm a little bit obsessive about having the holes on buttons exactly aligned with the card, horizontally or vertically, but because of the way the pattern has been added, it's impossible to do it with this button. Take a close look and you'll see what I mean.


The sentiment is stamped with a Hot Off The Press stamp and I had a good old rummage through the snippets box and came up with scraps of card to march just about all the colours on the button. I would have loved to punch or die cut tiny hearts for the centres of the circles, but I didn't have a suitable die/punch, so I fell back on the old crafting motto "If in doubt, add a butterfly".

I am sharing this with

Cardz 4 Galz - add a button or buttons
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 227

5 comments:

scrapper said...

Lovely use of a lovely button Jane - works well

Cara said...

Great idea to use the button like that, I can see why you were reluctant to use it until now. Cara x

Di said...

What a beautiful button Jane, and a perfect Snippets card. Sometimes the best cards are triggered off by one element like this :-)

Hugs

Di xx

Janis Lewis said...

Cute. Thanks for linking up at Cardz 4 Galz.
DT Janis

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

Helen x