Tuesday 24 May 2016

Hip to be square at Cardz 4 Guyz

Today it's my turn to pick the theme at Cardz 4 Guyz, and I've chosen Hip to be Square - which means we want to see square cards ONLY please. You don't need to incorporate squares into your design (unless you want to, of course) but your card MUST be square.

I've recreated a toolbench, probably in a garage as it is obviously leaning against a brick wall. The wall is left over from a card I made a few weeks ago, and made with  a Crafters companion embossing folder, the bench and border with snippets from my stash, and the tools and sentiment are stamped with a Cathie Shuttleworth set that I find incredibly useful for male cards (and some female ones too!). I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of the woodgrain card and attached it with my trusty screw-top brads. I can be a bit obsessive about lining up the screw heads on them but this time I kept them lop-sided as I  really wanted it to look like a plank that had been hastily and unevenly attached to a wall, hence the ends cut with deckle edged scissors - I keep having to stop myself from going back to the card and straightening them though!


I am sharing this with
Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 230
Uniko Studios - masculine
Creative Card Crew - Masculine

11 comments:

Sue - said...

Perfect card for a diy-er! Is that a word? I don't know but I'm sure you'll know what I mean!

Di said...

Great card Jane! It almost tells a story about a man who actually was able to multi-task :) Love it!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

You've got me laughing now! Love the half-finished jobs tale! :)
xx

Joan said...

Great card Jane, love your screw heads and I'm like you in that I like them straight but your card tells a story ! Love those tool stamps too

Joan

Liz said...

Great masculine card, Jane. I love how you've created the scene. xx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous masculine make Jane, great embossed bricks and super tools.
Pauline
x

scrappymo! said...

This is such a great card for a fellow! The wall looks so real and the tools theme is fab!

Julie B said...

I can quite see why you like these DIY tool stamps, they look great. :)

Cara said...

Brilliant card, not sure about a tool bench, it looks very very similar to the state of the floor when hubby does some diy to me! Cara x

Lindsey said...

Lots of attention to detail - great for a DIY enthusiast! Lindsey x

Beverley said...

Awesome masculine card and your fussy cutting is FABulous! Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x