Tuesday 10 May 2016

Fresh as a daisy

For this card, I have mostly been using mystery objects. The flowers are an unmounted stamp from a grab bag I bought many, many years ago. I rather think they are meant to be cornflowers, but they make a very pretty general-purpose flower so today they are being daisies.

The embossing folder I used for the background is the same mystery folder I used a few weeks ago on this card - I still have no idea where it came from or how I came to own it, but I have discovered something very special about it - it is reversible ! Yes, if you turn it inside out. the reverse of each plate also forms an embossing surface which, while it matches the first in size and repeat structure, is a completely different design. So my mystery folder is actually two folders in one. It's going to be really useful if I'm ever looking to use two co-ordinating textures on one card.

I stamped the image with Memento ink and coloured it with Promarkers, then cut it out with a Spellbingers labels die and with the die still in place, sponged Brilliance ink in Wild Orchid around the edge.


I am sharing this with

Shopping Our Stash - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Cuttlebugmania - May Flowers
Make My Monday - photo inspiration
  

7 comments:

Barb said...

A really pretty card Jane. The stamps is lovely, I really like the colours and what a useful embossing folder. I don't know which side I like best but it's going to be very useful. I wonder what you were dreaming when the crafting fairies dropped in. Barbxx

Cara said...

Beautiful card, I did laugh at the mystery objects though! I can only think of spellbinders mbosssabilities, which were opaque white folders which had a different design on both sides. Cara x

Di said...

So pretty Jane! I've never heard of reversible embossing folders - you learn something new every day :)

Hugs

Di xx

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful project! Embossing does add so much to a project! Thanks for embracing our challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Cazro said...

A beautiful card, I love the main image. Thanks for following our colour inspiration at Make My Monday. Caz DT.

Fliss said...

A very pretty card. Thanks so much for joining in with our photo inspiration challenge at Make My Monday and hope to see you again.
Fliss DT x

Swissie said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the embossing folder and the colours. Great!
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Swissie DT