Thursday 12 May 2016

Fairy on the Moon

This card uses a stencil and stamp set that was a magazine freebie some time last year. I've not used it much, partly because I'm not a big fan of fairies, partly because it's such a massive stencilled image that it practically fills the front of a large 20cm square card so there's not much interesting you can DO with it, and partly because every time I use it, I think about how uncomfortable that bottom point of the moon must be, given where it is, and start spluttering with filthy laughter. But I expect that's just me.

I used Brilliance Pearlescent Lime for the stencilling, although as usual the pearlescence is lost in the photo. It has a lovely sheen in real life. The stamping and matting are in a navy blue that is a MUCH better match in RL than it is on the photo - dark coloured card always seems to look nearly black when the camera contrasts it against bright white!


I am sharing this with
Ooh La La Creations - Mythical
Allsorts - There's Magic in the Air
Glitter 'n' Sparkle - One for the ladies
Inkspirational - Mint and Navy
  

8 comments:

Barb said...

I have this set too Jane and have to say I'll never look at it the same way again! Love what you've done with yours though. Very pretty colours. Barbxx

Cara said...

I just sprayed my iPad with Diet Coke reading your post about the moon! Thanks for that! I think you did a great job using this fairy, love the green and blue combo. Cara x

brenda said...

A lovely magical creation Jane and perfect for our theme, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Unknown said...

Fabulous stencil card Jane, thank you for joining us at Ooh La La and hope to see you again. Jennifer DT member x

Wynn said...

Well this made me smile Jane. I have this stencil too.....unused I may add lol for the same reasons.....so big. You've done a great job with yours. Love having a laugh on a bright sunny day here in Cyprus. Thanks Jane. Wynn xx

Nonni said...

Great use of this big stencil, I love simple cards so I think it's perfect for clean and simple card making! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Janice said...

Lol, guess that's why I never sit on the moon then! Super card Jane, and a sweet sentiment to finish things off. Thanks for playing at OLL, Jx

cm said...

Your post had me sputtering! Too funny, but I think your card is wonderfully pretty, especially in mint and green! So glad to see you in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol