Friday 20 May 2016

Butterflies and Dragonflies

Over at Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge, the current challenge is A for Aperture and/or Apricot.

The apricot part was easy enough, as I had a piece of apricot card left over from making my Mum's birthday card, and exactly the right size to use with this magazine freebie embossing folder. These days I mostly die cut apertures as and when I need them, but I have a few pre-cut ones left over from my cross stitching days of about 25 years ago, and I thought I would customise one of these instead.

I stamped all over the aperture panel using a butterfly and dragonfly stamps from PaperArtsy, and filled in the gaps between them with tiny stamps that I think came from Raindrops on Roses. I coloured in the stamped images with two shades of Apricot, and then assembled the card with the embossed panel behind the aperture.

The sentiment is stamped with a Polkadoodles stamp and coloured to match the remaining stamping and raised with foam pads.


I am sharing this with

Butterfly Challenge - Aperture and/or Apricot
Little Claire's Monthly Challenge - Butterflies
Fab'n'Funky - No designer papers

7 comments:

KandA said...

Such a fabulous card Jane. Love all the super butterfly stamping on the card front and it looks great with the embossed card in the aperture.
Thanks for fluttering by Mrs A's Butterfly and A challenge.... Andrea GDT xx

Barb said...

This is a stunning card Jane. That's such a pretty embossed panel and the stamping on the front of the card looks so beautiful. You've certainly cracked the challenge. I Love it. Barbxx

Mrs A. said...

I just love the panel of butterflies/dragonflies that you have created. They go perfectly with the embossed panel in the aperture. I'm so glad I'm not the only one to keep things in my stash for so long. Thank you for fluttering by my new challenge where your card will be entered twice into the draw. Hugs Mrs A.

Cara said...

A wonderful card, love all the stamping and perfect colouring. Cara x

Dora said...

Beautiful is that self-design paper. Great stamped.
Thank you for joining at LC-Designs.
Guest-designer Dora

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fantastic job you've done of creating your own patterned paper! Love the butterflies and dragonflies. Looks fab with the embossed panel in the middle too. Thanks for playing along with Fab 'n' Funky this week in our 'No Designer Papers' challenge. Perfect entry. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Helen said...

Beautiful card - thanks for joining us at LC Designs.

Helen x