Saturday 7 May 2016

Asian at Twofers

This fortnight it's Christi's turn to choose the theme at Twofers, and she has chosen Asian.  This means you have the whole of Asia to draw your inspiration from - India, China, Japan, Indonesia - there's a real wealth of ideas out there.

My card is a bit of a cultural mishmash - the stamp is of a Japanese lady. It's many, many years old, I can't remember where it came from except that it was in the days before online shopping and I had to write to an American company to buy a grab bag of unmounted Asian themed stamps, all of which I still use. And in all the years of using this stamp, it's the first time I've ever realised that underneath that wisp of fabric the lady isn't actually wearing any clothes!

The Chinese characters are also very old stamps, and I don't know what they say although I think the first character may be "old". I lived in Hong Kong for several years, but all the characters I learned to read were numbers, place names and those vital words - entrance, exit, beer, water and ladies' toilet! So at least I know it doesn't say any of those things.

The background paper is some that a friend brought me from a trip to Thailand - so I have Japan, China and Thailand all on one card!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Love the rich colours of this card. I did giggle about her being a bit risqué! Cara x

Barb said...

She's very cheeky. A super old stamp and lovely background paper. Barbxx