Saturday 21 May 2016

Animals at Twofers

This time it is my turn to choose our challenge at Twofers, and as I as keen to play with this new Giraffe head stamp from Katzelkraft, I decided our theme would be Animals.

For the background, I used a piece of yellow card and a round ended sponge, sponging random blobs of Tea Dye DI over it to give a "giraffe's neck" effect. Naturally it needed to go on to a tall thin DL card!

I've had no end of trouble taking a photo of this card, I've tried changing the lighting, changing the white balance on my camera, taking the photo on a sunny/dull/average window ledge, but still it comes out too dark, or too light, or too blue, or the brown looks black. I'll pop in a couple of the photos here, but actually it's a cream base card and topper, with dark brown stamping and matting, and the ribbon picks up the yellow of the background, on which the blobs are much darker than they look here! The lower photo is more accurate in everything but the cream, which has come out blue.

One day I'm going to save up my pennies and go on a photography course......
 
 
 
 
I am sharing this with:
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Animal Magic 
Fab'n'Funky - No designer paper  

4 comments:

Di said...

Oh this is really lovely Jane! I just spotted over at Sue's that Darnell has been in touch and you'll be coming to Southampton! Whoop, whoop!! Happy dance here :)

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

Lovely card, Jane. The background is really effective. xx

Cara said...

The joys of photography hey! Love the background you created, this is a fab card. Cara x

Ginny said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)