Monday 11 April 2016

Pretty Prehistoric

The latest word prompt at Inkspirational challenges is ROCK.


That immediately made me think of the Clearly Besotted "You Rock" stamps, so I used them to create this little dinosaur landscape on a die cut circle, finishing the card with words from the set and from a Studio G mini set. I coloured the scene with Promarkers....... whaddya mean, dinosaurs weren't purple? We've only got their bones to go by, so we don't know what colour they were. In fact maybe they WERE brightly coloured, and that meant they couldn't hide from bigger, hungrier dinosaurs. And perhaps that's why they died out - the little ones were so easy to spot that the big ones ate them all, and then when there was nothing left for them to eat, they died of starvation.

Well, it's a theory......


I am also sharing this with Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge where this week's twist is Clean and Simple.

4 comments:

Sue - said...

Really cute little dinosaur - a purplosaurus I think! Love your theory, sounds very plausible to me!

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is so very cute and the perfect sentiment too! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Barb said...

You've given us something to think about - those poor little dinosaurs all getting eaten ahhh! I love your purple dinosaur and cute little scene. A lovely card Jane. Barbxx

Nonni said...

This is fantastic! I love your interpretation of the word and those cute images. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!