Saturday 6 February 2016

Numbers at Twofers

It's the first Saturday of the month and that means we have a new challenge at Twofers. This time we would like to see NUMBERS (or A number!) feature on your work. Don't forget that you must include some stamping, and that is real stamping using rubber or clear stamps (or woodblocks, or carved vegetables!), not digi stamps or images from CDs.

And just to clear up any confusion, despite our name, you don't have to make two items, one is plenty. Although if you want to make two, or even more, we won't stop you!

I've used a Paper Artsy stamp for my card - it looks as if it was originally intended for making ATCs with as it is exactly ATC sized. For the black stripe, I stamped it twice in Versamark ink and then brushed it with a green metallic pigment powder and fixed it with a tiny spritz of water. For the topper, I used a Cosmic Shimmer Ultra Thick Enamel powder to emboss three layers on an ATC sized piece of heavy card, then stamped the image into it with black Staz-on ink.

As I didn't have a suitable sentiment stamp, I created one using a Dymo label maker. I'd intended to put it horizontally but when I tried the placement, it looked too, well, straight, so I fiddled about with it until I found a jaunty angle I was happy with.

If I send this card through the post, I will protect the enamelling with a layer of bubble wrap - it is well known for being prone to cracking in the post!



Do please pop over to Twofers to see what Zoe and Christi have made, and to share your own numbers creation with us!

I am sharing this with

Stampin Royalty - Cards for Guys
Crafting Musketeers - Monochrome 
The Crafter's Café - Monochrome
Glitter n Sparkle - Embossing  
 

8 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Cool..you have many things to shimmer..I dont have Jane and never bought hehehe (smile)I love that sentiment placement...Jane..great card for a man this time I think...hapoy weekend and I share photos of my drawers take a look at my new post if you have time..bug hugs.Monika

Vic said...

Great card - great for a guy! Thanks for joining with us at Glitter n sparkle this week, for our "embossing" challenge -Vic, DT x

Jan Clothier said...

I really like the contrasts of light and dark in this card, which are set off by the metallic elements. Great work!

Carrie Rhoades said...

Great technique on this card! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Diane said...

Love the dymo sentiment .....works perfectly with the design!

Greta said...

What a fun BD card!

Unknown said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting Musketeers Challenge ☺ xx

Unknown said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting Musketeers Challenge ☺ xx