Sunday 24 January 2016

Seasons at CD Sundays

Today it's time for my next GDT post for CD Sundays, and this time our theme is SEASONS - either one season of your choice or all of them.

I was spoiled for choice when I loaded up my Crafting World CD "Through the year with Seraphina" as there are lots of images and backgrounds for each of the four seasons of the year, but with Spring not TOO far away now, I decided to  use this lovely image of kite flying on a blustery spring day. I love the little touches like the spring flowers in the corner and the pretty backing papers, and I was really intrigued by this topper set that has one fully coloured image printed like a completed jigsaw, one without the jigsaw lines but in a fainter print and one separate set of jigsaw pieces.

I decided to use the bold jigsaw image on the card front: 



The paler image on the right hand flap:


And add the jigsaw pieces, all cut out, in an envelope in the inside centre panel:






So the recipient can take them out of the envelope and assemble the jigsaw themselves on the paler image.



I would like to share this with:
Alphabet Challenge - X for Xtra Fold
Ooh La la Creations - In the Country
Fan-tastic Tuesday - Make it Girly  

20 comments:

Linby said...

I've had an idea like this in my head for ages but not got around to it! Yours is fantastic and looks fab.

sue-b said...

Well I so impressed with this card, and I know a little someone who just love to get this for her birthday, just fab.
sue-b xx

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Love this card Jane. Of course I saw it a while ago and I was so impressed that I purchased a jigsaw die cut and have already used it. Great fun. Thank you for your super GDT cards.
Carol xx
CD Sunday

(sorry about mucking around. Wish I was a better typist).

Wynn said...

What a great idea Jane. I must say you do often come up with some really interesting ideas. I love this one. It's not not CD O have so guess another on the wish list!!! Love the image too. Thank you for being an inspiring GD at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

Wynn said...

Carol you and me alike. Just look at the mistakes on my comment lol xx

Jane Willis said...

LOL, I'll just sit here and giggle at you two while you get yourselves sorted out, all the while smiling smugly as if I never make a typo!
Jane

Barb said...

What an incredibly sweet little image and a lovely idea to include the pieces inside. I have a jigsaw die and use it on shop bought cards that I receive - when the occasion is over of cause. Barbxx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, such a lovely image and great details - such a brilliant idea to include the jig saw pieces.
Pauline
x

Monika Reeck said...

oh woooww I love the idea of making puzzle dear Jane
and I wish I have a DIES Puzzle one day
this is a great gift for a little children
clever Jane and love your idea
big hugs
Monika

Janice said...

Jane this is brilliant, what a super card idea! Love your creation and I'm sure that jigsaw will create a stir! So sweet, thank you so much for playing at OOHLALA, Jx

Jocelyn said...

Those little mice look like they are having a lot of fun and what a brilliant idea to have the jigsaw puzzle inside the card. What a wonderful idea.
Jocelyn x

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card, what a brilliant idea with the jigsaw pieces, have a great week
Shaz x

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card, what a brilliant idea with the jigsaw pieces, have a great week
Shaz x

Carol said...

Oh Yea!!
xx

Alli Devine said...

What a great interactive card - you have given me an idea for a card I need to make for my grandson Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations for our in the country challenge. Alli xx

Di said...

Oh Jane, I had totally missed this one! It's terrific and certainly takes my idea that bit further. How clever!

Hugs

Di xx

Kath said...

Like Di - I had missed your jigsaw card (just seen Di's post on her blog) and love your card. Fabulous idea to add the pieces in an envelope so the recipient can make the jigsaw themselves as well.
Kath x

Jane said...

What a great card...popping over via Di's shout out xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jane,
popped over from Di's blog to see this lovely card.
This is so fantastic, and what a very clever idea.
Great designing and such a cute image for the puzzle pieces.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.