Tuesday 5 January 2016

My cat likes to hide in boxes

Do you remember that picture story book, from your own childhood or that of your children and grandchildren? It was a favourite of my own daughters and now their children are discovering it too. I'm sure all children  in households that are owned by a cat identify with it, because cats really DO like to hide in boxes.

I don't currently have a feline lord and master, so the lovely (I've only used that adjective to annoy her) Claire who blogs at NinjaKillerCat has very kindly provided this picture of her handsome beast, Jack, presiding over the home from his box.


Which is a very roundabout way of introducing this post, which is about a boxed card making kit I won last year, to make 24 cat-themed cards with. I thought it would be a great project to tackle with my oldest granddaughter, who loves crafting with me, but she just looked askance  at it and shrugged in the way that a 6-going-on-15 year old can, and dived into my box of foiling equipment. So I was left to make the cards alone.

I can't make many cards from a kit without starting to lose interest and run out of ways to be original with the materials, so I still have three quarters of the elements left, but here are the cards I have made so far with it.







I'm sharing these with Show Us Your Pussies #2 - Furrything Goes

5 comments:

Claire Toplis said...

They are utterly adorable Jane , what a fun card to receive !

Borqna said...

Nice post - great mood!
Amazing cards - good luck!

Liz said...

These are so cute, Jane. Well done on persevering with the kit - I know how much you would rather be designing your own from scratch! xx

Hope and Chances said...

So cute! Adorable cards. xx

ike said...

OMGoodness - these are just fabulous :-) What darling little kitties. Thank you for coming to purr along at SUYP Cats Challenges.

IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog