Monday 25 January 2016

It's Rudolph Day

It's the 25th of the month - which means it's time to celebrate Rudolph Day by sharing a Christmas card over at Scrappymo's. And today it's an extra special Rudolph Day for me, as it's my first as a member of the new Design Team.

Here is my card - I used a piece of backing paper from my snippets box. I absolutely no idea where it came from! It looks as if it's one I printed from a CD or download, but I have nothing in my collection of either that looks as if it came from there. So it's Mystery Paper.

For the topper, two of the cute Woodware robins from the stamp set I won in the Snippets Playground looked to me as if they were in that bloated, post-Christmas-dinner food coma that seems to affect so many of us, so I stamped them lying back to back either side of that Christmas Pud they couldn't quite manage. The pud stamp itself is one I bought at the Make It Show in Farnborough a few years ago, there's no brand name on the backing sheet. I used a deep pink Wink of Stella for the robins' breasts, and pink gems for the holly berries on the pud, to link to the pink backing paper. The sentiment is printed out from a download, and I used deep grey for the matting because when I tried black it looked too harsh.


Do please flutter over to Scrappymo's  and share a Christmas card with us by the end of the month!

14 comments:

scrappymo! said...

I love this sweet yet funny card. I figure those birds could be full of supper or full of liquor laced Xmas pudding. lol

Great card!

Kathyk said...

Hi teamie (GD teamie!) - love your cute robin make

Kathyk

Jenny L said...

Hi Jane,
what a brilliant Rudolf card.
Love the fab stamped image, and yes they do look full.
Great paper used to, and a wonderful snippets too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Whisper said...

Hi, Rudolph Days teamie, i'm loving how you have put the Xmas pud between the 2 robins and well done for winning them on Snippets, Luv Sam x

Whisper said...

Hi, Rudolph Days teamie, i'm loving how you have put the Xmas pud between the 2 robins and well done for winning them on Snippets, Luv Sam x

Sarn said...

Happy Rudolph Day! Loving your cute plump robins.

Hugs, Sarn x

Barb said...

Your card is fantastic Jane. Love how you've brought it all together. Your fat robins look wonderful. Barbxx

Linby said...

I thought this was a stamp before I read your comment, how very clever! Looks great and I will never see those robins any other way now!

MaryH said...

Hi Jane, just saw your stuffed little robins over at Rudy Day, and popped over for a closer look.Congratulations on being a Guest Designer at Rudy Day, and I'm already a follower of yours...so that part is covered! Enjoyed seeing the fantastic coloring on these little fellas...the pink showed up so nicely. A cute idea to combine with the pudding...they really do look quite nicely filled out! TFS & Hugs

Mac Mable said...

Oh this is such a fun card, brought a smile to my face and such gorgeous colours x

Mrs A. said...

Great idea to have them full of Christmas pudding. A happy fun card. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue - said...

Oh Jane this is a great fun card. Love your robins!! Yes, it would be good to get together again soon. The many medical appointments are getting further apart which leaves more time for more enjoyable things!

Berina RGA said...

Such a cute card!! The robins are so cute!! Love your card!
-Berina (Your fellow DT member :) )
Moxie Craftie
Rudolph Days Challenge DT

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your card is so adorable! Love these cute robins! Congratulations on your Rudolph Day DT assignment!