Saturday 23 January 2016

Frosty the snowman

OK, OK, I know in the song Frosty had "A corncob pipe and a button nose" but I'm sure that was artistic license and in REAL life he had a carrot nose. They do, don't they? It's some sort of Snowman law.

Anyway, this 'ere snowman was made out of die cut circles and ovals - the crown of the hat is a circle with sectors cut off each side - and definitely has a carrot nose. The background is made by swooshing a couple of different shades of blue ink over the flat side of a folder before embossing, I used my Grand Calibur and Nestabilities circles and ovals dies, the ef was a magazine freebie. And all the cardstock was from my snippets box. In fact even the sentiment was, as it was the very last one from a sheet of Craftwork Cards ones.


I'm hoping to just slip into the Snippets Playground before the gates clang closed for this week and also to share with
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Use a sentiment
Cuttlebugmania - Snowmen
 

9 comments:

Di said...

What a fun card Jane - carrots indeed are the law for snowmen's noses! Such a happy fellow too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

I Love your Frostie and I'm sure it was a carrot. I love the background too Jane. It's a lovely card. Barbxx

Kath said...

A great card. All the snowmen I built when I was a child had a carrot for a nose!
Kath x

Pia S said...

Love how you've been creative with your dies to make this fun snowman and the background with snowflakes turned out great too!

Monika Reeck said...

Jane
I want to do catch up all your post but it is already 23;06 I better go sleep hehe
Want to say that snowman is so so cuutee
and lovely BG you made with that embossed snowflakes
cool effeect
and love the orange there
great snowman card Jane
hugs
Monika

Swissie said...

Wow! This is just great!!!
I love it all - the embossing, the snowman, his smile, the hat, - all great ideas.
And yes, the nose has to be a carrot. "What else"?
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Hugs,
Swissie

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 265 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too x

Liz said...

Really love this card - great design. Congratulations on your win over on the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge blog. xx

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wanted to ck out your wonderful Snowman card after seeing you won at Cuttlebug Mania. Like that you made the snowman using circle dies. Especially like the blue inking before embossing. Have a BEE-utiful day!
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"