Friday 8 January 2016

Extreme CAS for Christmas!

When the gorgeous Tweety Bird stamp set I won in the Snippets Playground arrived this week, I couldn't wait to start playing with them! And I decided my first make would be EXTREMELY CAS to show off the darling little robin in all its glory.

The greeting is part of the stamp set and is actually a straight line - I gently eased it into a curve on the acrylic block and then quickly stamped it before it could ping back. I wanted it to look as if the robin was singing (do robins sing? Everytime I see one with its beak open, it's guzzling food!) and everybody knows songs don't run in straight lines!

For the breast, I used a snippet of Cricut glitter vinyl. This is designed to use in Cricut machines to make iron on motifs for t-shirts and cushions, but that glittery red was perfect for a robin redbreast! And because stamping on the glittery front would have been tricky, the mirror image stamp in the set was exactly what I needed because it meant I could stamp on the BACK  of the vinyl, cut out the shape and then place it frontwards way about on my little robin. Finally I used Stickles to give him some snow to stand on. 


And a close up because it's always so hard to pick up sparkle with a camera:
 

Despite only using one tiny snippet, I really MUST share this at Pixie's Snippets Playground so Miss Di can see that I'm already playing with my new toy!
I'm also playing along with
AAA Cards - Glitter

CAS-ology - Simple
Fan-tastic Tuesday - it's cold out there
Speedy Fox & Friends - CAS with snow

13 comments:

Barb said...

A very sweet card Jane. Well done winning the prize. I love the way you've curved the sentiment and what a handy idea to have a mirror image bird in the set to use.

I know what you mean about Robins. They do always having "a beakfull" but they do have the most beautiful song too. A friend once told me that robins are messengers from God. Whenever I hear a robin singing near me I thank him for his song and imagine it's a message from my son. Barbxx

Stampsnob. said...

And that is a tweet tweet card TFS MFP stampshop''''''''''Lis

Sue - said...

Gorgeous Jane!

Liz said...

Brilliant CAS card. Love how you've curved the sentiment. xx

AlisonC said...

Great card and glad you are playing with your new toy so soon. I really like the curved sentiment. Yes robins have a very sweet song which it's always a privilege to hear.

Cardsbymaaike said...

super stunning cas card and just the right amount of glitter...can't believe i'ms aying that, enough glitter? lol...works perfectly on your card

Vickie Y said...

Love the little bird standing in a "pile" of snow! Super cute CAS card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

Di said...

Oh how clever this is Jane! Delighted to see you using your prize right away - and so imaginatively as well.

Love this card!

Hugs

Di xx

Melissa L. said...

Oh wow, so cute, Jane! I love the red and white glitter. Perfectly CAS too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

kReN said...

How cute is this little bird. Love your CAS card! TFS@the MFPSS Blog challenge! kReN

Judy1223 said...

Jane, this is so adorable and so wonderfully CAS! I love the sparkle on the breast and the snow...and perfect way to bend the sentiment before it popped back! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Jen W. said...

This is adorable, Jane! Love the touches of sparkle and the curved sentiment. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Unknown said...

Very, very 'tweet' indeed! Absolutely LOVE this for its clever design and simplicity! Curving the sentiment was a masterstroke! Love it Jane. So glad you joined us at CASology this week!