Wednesday 27 January 2016

Broken Crayons

This week the challenge at Make My Mondays is to use your newest or most favourite stamp. Now I have so many stamps I couldn't possibly pick a favourite, but which is my newest? I really couldn't remember, but I was saved by the bell - literally! The DOOR bell, as just then the postman arrived bearing the latest set of Dylusions stamps that I'd ordered a few days ago. I love these sets, when I use them I feel like Anne Taintor, and this latest set, called "How about never" made me want to start crafting straight away.

I immediately had an idea for using one of the sentiments - and it would use up lots of snippets too, so I'm popping back into the Snippets Playground with this too. And I'm hoping to see rather fewer hangovers than I did on my last visit!

I simply stamped the sentiment then cut some crayon-sized pieces of brightly coloured card, "breaking" each one with deckle edged scissors and then scattering them over the card. I think this would be a great card to send to somebody who was feeling a bit down in the dumps.

7 comments:

Barb said...

A lovely card Jane. What a fantastic way to use up snippets too. I love the sentiment. Barbxx

Di said...

What a fabulous idea Jane! A great sentiment and of course perfectly echoed by the snippety crayons!

Hugs

Di xx

Joan said...

What a great sentiment and you have made a fab card with it

Sarn said...

Great snippets card. Nice and colourful and bound to cheer someone up.

PS: I'm serving up more hooch in the Playground Tree House this evening if you want to pop by!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue - said...

Great card Jane and a very clever use of snippets!

Marina said...

Such a perfect interpretation of the sentiment - I love the bright colours you've used - this would be a perfect card for a friend who had been through a tough time.

Marina said...

Whoops - forgot to thank you for joining us at Make My Monday!