Tuesday 19 January 2016

Blue is The Colour at Cardz 4 Guyz

This week our challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz is "Blue is the colour".

For my card, I used a set of Kanban stamps, and stamped them in Broken China DI then fussy cut them. I used a water brush to add a little more ink from the pad to the sky, sea and lighthouse stripes, then assembled then on layers of  pearlescent blue paper and a blue patterned paper from an old Anna Griffin stack. 

Here is my card for the challenge:


However, I felt that the lighthouse looked a little lost in the main image, so I stamped it again in lack and coloured it with Promarkers, adding Glossy Accents to the light at the top, then added it over the top of the original. It's taken me a few steps away from the all-blue card I made for the challenge but I think it's given my card a stronger focal point.


I am sharing this with:

Sparkles Monthly Challenge - January Blues
Glitter and Sparkle - Monochrome
Just Us Girls - White, Dark Blue, Light Blue

   

10 comments:

Barb said...

Great Card 4 a Guy. I do like the spotlighted lighthouse. Barbxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh I have this stamp set too, Must look it out, I like what you did with the lighthouse, Love Hazel x

Christi Conley said...

I agree, Jane. The coloring on the lighthouse makes it POP - it's a lovely card ~ Christi xoxo

Lisa Kind said...

Great use of the JUGs colors and your vivid lighthouse! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love both versions but have to agree with you the second one pops. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love these masculine cards Jane! Great colouring on that lighthouse, it looks very much of the one that stands on Plymouth Hoe (UK) . . . great designs! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Anonymous said...

I like your lighthouse image on both cards. How fun that the blue challenge is going around!
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Unknown said...

Lovely card love the blue and coloured lighthouse goes well for our monochrome challenge
thanks for joining glitternsparkle
Lynne

Chris Dring said...

Such a great masculine card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!