Saturday 9 January 2016

Birthday with a Flourish

It's the dreaded one layer challenge week at Less Is More this week -  honestly, you can have NO idea just how many times I make my card for the challenge and then realise that, although it's CAS, another layer has snuck in while I wasn't paying attention, and I end up having to go back to the beginning again. Anyway, this week I made my card straight away while I still had "one layer" firmly embedded in my mind.

The theme is "Flourish" and what better stamp to use than one of the fab flourishes designed some years ago by Linda Luckin (now Linda Dore). I feel very lucky to have known Linda while she was still designing and producing stamps, you may have noticed how often her designs crop up in my work.

I stamped it with Versamark ink and embossed it with clear powder, then masked a strip of the card front and sponged with the separate colours from a Kaleidacolor Fresh Greens pad. After removing the masking, I used the complete pad to stamp the birthday greeting, using a stamp that was a cover mounted gift with a magazine last year.


I'm sharing this with

Less is More - One layer - Flourish
Mod Squad - Ombre Technique
Fantasy Stampers - Happy Birthday

19 comments:

Divya Deepak said...

Love, love , love the colours!...Simple yet bold!...Amazing work Jane:)

Cardsbymaaike said...

great colors and i love the ombre sentiment!

Kathyk said...

ooh! Very nice, very nice indeed

Kathyk

Liz said...

Oh WOW! Love this! Beautiful colours and the I love how you've incorporated the flourish.

Thanks for your message on my blog re the Twofers challenge. Do I need to make two card to enter the challenge? It doesn't say so in the rules, but I assumed from the blog title that I'd need to make two cards on the theme. xx

Cazro said...

Hi Jane, Loving your ombre strip for the stamped image. A super clean and simple card. Thanks for playing along with us at Fantasty Stampers Caz DT

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Gorgeous card. Love the bold and bright colours

Barb said...

It's beautiful Jane and green is my favourite colour too. Barbxx

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card, great colour choice.
Elaine

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh it looks soo gorgeous !!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Chrissie said...

Just love emboss resist and with these colours it's simply fab Jane!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Striking, fun and so beautifully vibrant. Perfectly flourishing too Jane and thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Anne said...

Super spring-like greens Jane! Love your flourish stamp and what a fab magazine sentiment too.
Thank you so much for your entry
Anne
"Less is More"

Dianne said...

I love the ombre colors...so pretty!

Stamping Bubbles said...

Wow this is amazing. I love the colours you have used and the simplicity of the design makes the colours pop out of the card. Fabulous. Thank you for joining our birthday challenge at Fantasy Stampers.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Leslie said...

Very nice CAS project! Love your color palette and the simplicity of this is just stunning! Thanks so much for playing in our Ombre Technique challenge over at Mod Squad Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Leslie, Mod Squad Challenge Co-Host
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
Really Reasonable Ribbon DT
House of Cards DT

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, love the white embossing and your watercolour ombre look.

Zoechaos said...

Not as good as you though Mrs. I love that umbre colouring and of course good old Linda's stamp, she is a very talented lady but then so are you. XOXO

Julie B said...

Fab flourish Jane and a great ombre effect. Thanks for linking up at Fantasy Stampers. :)

Neets B said...

Love that panel, such zesty bright colours, just what we need as it's so grey outside.
Sorry I'm so late visiting!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More