Thursday 28 January 2016

A Bright Christmas

Every year I like to buy some new Christmas crafting stash and NOT use it, so that I'll have something new to use before the next year's Christmas goodies appear on the shelves. And my December 2015 purchase was a pack of papers and die cuts from the Papermania "Folk Art Christmas" range.

The colours used in this range are pretty unconventional as Christmas colours go, and fit in really well with this week's colour inspiration at Christmas Card Challenges.

I've used a selection of the papers, simply matted and layered, and one of the die cut decoupage sheets. I seldom use die cut decoupage but I was very impressed with this - it is quite detailed and comes away cleanly from the retaining sheet without tearing or leaving white tags.

By the way, don't panic if you don't see any posts from me for a few days and I don't comment on your blogs  - I have a lovely few days coming up with all sorts of exciting things planned, so I'll not be around Blogland much until early next week!



I am sharing this with

Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes or Colour Inspiration


Fab  n Funky - Christmas 

Addicted to Stamps and More - Holiday

Winter Wonderland - Something new (the materials I used)

13 comments:

Barb said...

Your card is a cracker Janeand you're right the colours are beautiful. I really like Papermania kits which. They seem to be good quality at good prices.

I had to smile at you buying stuff to start you off for next Christmas because I bet we all do the same. When Christmas gets close we go and buy the new stuff that is on offer although we've already got plenty and don't REALLY need it.

Have a wonderful time whatever your plans are. Barbxx

scrappymo! said...

What a striking card. I love the vivid and bold colours! You did well here.

I too like to buy something of the new lines...but must confess that I am a cheapskate! So I wait till they go somewhere between 60 or even up to 80% off in the weeks after Xmas! I must confess that if I love something enough to not want to risk missing out on it, I snatch it up at the first 60% off. Especially if there are limited numbers.
But if there are tons of a specific item that I really like but not quite love, then I wait it out for the 80%...what a cheapskate, eh?

Crafty hugs
Maureen

Carol S. said...

Love your colourful card. So bright and cheerful. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S. DT

Darnell said...

I adore these bright and happy colors together for Christmas and your array of patterns is fabulous, too, Jane! I hope your little break is fabulous fun!! Hugs, Darnell

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining our challenge at Winter Wonderland.
Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Iwona

Melissa L. said...

This is beautiful, Jane. I love the bright colors and the lovely design. Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beautiful colors, love that wreath!

La Papera Gialla said...

A lovely card!
Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Cards Challenge and good luck!
Monica - CCC DT

Mandy LaCroix said...

LOVE those stamped images, layering, and colors! It's super fantastic! :)
Thanks for sharing it over at Christmas Card Challenges! :)

Creative world said...

This is one cheerful Christmas card and LOVE you're unconventional pattern paper...beautiful colerful wreath...Thank you for joining us at ATSM...XX Željka

Erica said...

I like your sens of color. It is so harmonious and cute.

Buffy said...

A fab card, love the funky bright colours.The decourpage is great.
Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Finky Challenges.

Buffy

mixamatoasties said...

Great, cheerful card.

Thanks for sharing at Fab N Funky.

Susan