Tuesday 1 December 2015

Die Cuts at Sparkles Christmas

It's December 1st and Christmas is almost here - have you made all your cards yet? This month at Sparkles Christmas Challenge, we are looking for cards that use die cuts.

We have two prizes this month
 
a $10 voucher from Di's Digis
 
Di's Digi
 
this lovely stamp from Crafty Individuals



I've used die cuts to make a festive wreath. To make the basic wreath, I taped two Spellbinders circles to my gold card before cutting, to make sure neither of them slipped. The bow at the top is cut with a Cuttlebug Christmas Baubles die, the pine branches and cones with a Spellbinders die, the poinsettia with a die that was the cover gift on the November issue of Papercraft Essentials and the ivy trails with a Marianne die. I'm afraid I don't store dies in their original packaging so I don't have any record of their names.

To give the card a bit of dimension and movement, I attached the ivy trails and pine boughs just at the ends with 3-d glue, adding a tiny touch further along only in places where  I thought the card might suffer damage in the post if the ends were left too loose.




I am sharing this with

Use die cuts and/or punches at The Crafters Café
Christmas at Dies R Us

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh WOW what a beautiful wreath card! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. DID YOU KNOW? A friend and I have a new challenge blog beginning in 2016. Please check it out. Double D Challenges

Gale said...

Beautiful card Jane. The die cut wreath is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafter's Cafe in our "Use Die Cuts and/or Punches Challenge" and we hope you will join us again real soon. Hugs, Gale DT