Sunday 8 November 2015

The last of the leaves

This weekend has been wet and windy and almost all the leaves have blown off the trees in the garden now. So after today I probably won't be inspired to make any more autumn leaf themed cards for a while, as a glance out of the window won't provide me with any inspiration. Instead I'll be seeing red dogwood stems and purple callicarpa berries..... and just typing that has already given me the germ of an idea for a card.....

That means this will probably be my last autumn leaf themed card for a few months. The leaf panel is made by stamping a large leaf background stamp with Versamark ink and then brushing pearlised pigment powder over it - I used a copper-red, a gold and just a little green. I've kept the rest of the card very CAS so as not to draw attention away from the panel.


I'm playing along with:

Crafty Gals Corner - Autumn Hues
Sweet Stampin - Autumn Leaves
Lunagirl Moonbeams - Thanksgiving and harvest
AAA Cards - Thanks/Thanksgiving 

9 comments:

Karen Lunagirl said...

I love autumn leaves, so I love the leaf panel you have created here. Thank you for sharing your BEAUTIFUL card in my November challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! It is a lovely expression of November/Autumn and also of thanks and gratitude. Perfect for the challenge theme. :-)

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Beautiful Autumn card! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

Paddington fan said...

Love your beautiful autumn leaf panel, the colours are perfect and the CAS design sets it off perfectly! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Sweet Stampin' this week, love Jacky DT

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super elegant stamping, so much texture on those leaves, wonderful colours and a perfect thanks card
Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.
Sarah x

Lena said...

Beautiful and elegant Fall card. Love those leaves!
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Hugs,
Lena - DT
Lena’s Creations

Christi Conley said...

Beautiful card! I am so far behind in my commenting!! Love the fall colors :) xoxoxo

Monika Reeck said...

wooow stunning all that leaves in brown
your color combo is perfect for this season
awesome card Jane

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh I love that, SO pretty! Thanks so much for joining in with our 'Autumn Leaves' challenge at Sweet Stampin'. I LOVE what you did for this challenge. Hope to see you back again soon. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

Michele said...

gorgeous card! thank you for joining our thanksgiving challenge at lunagirl moonbeams! xo