Wednesday 11 November 2015

A Berry Christmas?

Sometimes you see a photo, a challenge, a project or just a word and you just have to rush off and start crafting (or a piece of paper and make frantic notes, if the former isn't possible) which is what happened to me when I saw today's inspiration photo at Addicted to Stamps and More



I've had this twig stamp (a Linda Luckin stamp, no longer available) for many years, and used it in many ways, but it's never crossed my mind to add gems to represent berries or baubles before. With the callicarpa just beginning to look fab in the garden with its bare branches and purple berries, look out for the stamp being used again with purple gems very soon, or better still purple pearls if I can get/create some.

Anyway, back to this card, I decided out of respect to the photo to keep the whole card very CAS, and with all those gems it could very easily have gone quite the opposite way! So the only other additions are a stamped sentiment and just a hint of clear Wink of Stella to give a suggestion of sparkly snow to the lower third of the card, although as usual the photos just don't do justice to the sparkle.



I am also sharing this with

Clear it Out - White + 1 colour (I noticed some of the DT used black too so I presume it's allowed)
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - B is for......  (berries/baubles)
Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes
Fab'n'Funky - Clean and Simple

11 comments:

Barb said...

I love it Jane. A super CAS card. Barbxx

Mandy LaCroix said...

How clever to use the gems for berries! Looks great! :)

Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hazel said...

Sorry, don't know why my CHNC extra link isn't working - did the same as I usually do!! x

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 111 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November x

Monika Reeck said...

may I tell you Jane
this is STUNNING
one of my fav of your design
so Striking and adorable
woooowwww
hugs
Monika

Tanja said...

love your take on the inspiration photo - thanks for joining us at ATSM

Wei Wei said...

Very delicate and stunning CAS card! Love your inspiration. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

cm said...

You've translated the photo into a gorgeous card! So pretty! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~c

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous CAS style Christmas card thank you for joining the challenge at FAB 'N' FUNKY this week
hugs
lorraine x

creationsnz said...

great take on the photo, lovely card.