Friday 9 October 2015

Silver Snowflakes

I've been meaning to join in with One Layer Christmas challenges for ages, but almost every time I make a card for it, I get carried away and start adding stuff and my card isn't one layer any more. But the current challenge is SILVER and at last I'm able to join in.

The Let it Smow stamp was the cover gift on a recent issue of Quick Cards Made Easy. I stamped and heat embossed it in silver. It's funny, I've been a crafter for many years and yet still, every time I do heat embossing I am captivated by the magic of it!

Then I scored  pairs of parallel lines  each side of the sentiment, and used a Darice folder to emboss the card above and below the score lines. Having tried this once, I don't think I would do it again for a one layer card, at least not using such a heavily patterned die. It weakens the card too much and leaves it liable to buckle. I'll keep that folder for panels I'm going to attach with plenty of adhesive in future!

Now for the photos - and try as I might, I couldn't get that lovely shiny silver embossing to look shiny and silver! On one photo it looks black, and on the enlarged one it looks grey and grainy, so I'm afraid you'll have to take my word on the silver ness of it, unless you are the person who actually  receives this card in a couple of months' time.


5 comments:

Liz said...

Very elegant, Jane. Love the embossing folder you've used. Great sentiment stamp too, the photo at the bottom looks silver on my computer. :-) xx

Sarn said...

WOW - I LOVE this. Very classy card. xxx

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Dear Jane
this is adorable the embossing part on your card
so tidy and so much texture on it
why dont you join challenge at House of Cards it has TEXTURE Challenge..
love the silver sentiment too
happy weekend Jane
and I miss your visit ..I hope you are healthy there
Hugs, Monika

Christi Conley said...

I never thought to use an embossing folder on half a card before - you are a genius! And I can so relate to photo dilemmas!! All in all the card looks stunning and frosty ~ xoxo Christi
Art without Anxiety {My Personal Blog}

Lee-Anne said...

Such an elegant design, Jane! I love your use of the embossing folder! Beautifully done! So happy you could join us at the OLCCC!