Saturday 17 October 2015

Masculine at Less is More

As you know, I love making masculine cards so I was delighted to see the new theme at Less is More is "Masculine". And just as I was reading this week's post about it, the post-MAN arrived bringing my latest stash purchase, a jar of Ranger Sticky Embossing powder. So I knew exactly what my first make for the challenge would be. If I get chance I'll be back again later in the week with another.

For this card I stamped the cog cluster from the Viva Décor "Old fashioned" set in black ink and then embossed it with my new Sticky powder, then foiled it with a matte silver foil from Foil Play - the overall effect is an "aged metal" look.

Then I used one of the Studio G mini stamp sets to stamp the birthday ticket. I thought about stamping this on coloured paper and then sticking it on the card, but I felt the harsh monochrome scheme kept the look more masculine.

The mini stamp set has half a dozen different sentiments that can be added to the ticket, so I couldn't resist making a second card exactly the same but with a different sentiment!





8 comments:

Di said...

LOVE these Jane! Perfect for LIM and a chap - I go all weak and wobbly just thinking about making cards for fellas :(

Hugs

Di xx

Neets B said...

Love the aged metal look, perfect for the image Jane. Such a simple striking monochrome design.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Foil Play said...

Love the cards, and good to know that the foils work so well with the Ranger sticky embossing powder!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Jane..
I am jealous now..
I have seen the same stamp was only 4,5 Euro
But I did not buy..
Now I know I need it argghhhh ...
Its really great stamp for manly card.
Love your simplicity dear Jane
Super manly card...
Hugs
Monika

Liz said...

Perfect masculine card, Jane. I love the stamps - it's really useful to be able to change the sentiments. xx

Chrissie said...

What a great effect, I haven't come across this technique before, it looks terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Jane this looks terrific - yes the monochrome works really well doesn't it!
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fun, CAS and classy Jane and a great guy card
thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More