Friday 25 September 2015

Using up the scraps

When I saw the picture inspiration at Christmas Card Challenges this week, it reminded me a lot of a topper that's been lurking in my Christmas stash box for several years.



The topper is one of a few elements left on a Hunkydory sheet, and when I found it, it happened to be nestling next to a couple of snippets of snowflake printed paper left over from a previous project, that went perfectly with it. However I found to my dismay that the topper wasn't a topper, it was a gift tag and had two holes punched at the top for a cord.

The hologram snippet snowflakes I cut the other day came to the rescue, though, strategically placed, one of them completely hid the holes. I finished the card off with the rest of the elements left on the sheet and a couple more snowflakes.

Now, why is it I feel the need to give snowflakes "centres"? They aren't flowers, after all, and real snowflakes don't have them. But I couldn't rest until I'd added a white gem to the middle of each!


As well as Christmas Card Challenges, I'm popping into the Snippets Playground for my final visit of the week, as not inly did this card use a good handful of snippets, it actually used them UP which is always a satisfying feeling!

4 comments:

Di said...

Great card Jane! Well done finally using up that topper sheet, and so perfectly too. You hid the tag holes brilliantly! Like you, I usually add centres to snowflakes - no idea why, force of habit although I have no idea where the habit came from either!

Hugs

Di xx

Marsha Reed said...

Beautiful card, Jane! Great idea to use up those scraps. I do that often. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT @ SCCC

Annie said...

great use of the snippets, and love the purple!
hugs, annie x

LesleyG said...

love your purple card, especially the holographic snowflakes, and their gem centres! xxx